Driving license in English

You will have a successful experience whether you need routine hours or want to get a driving licence for very first time.

Welcome to
Ascot Driving School

At Ascot Driving School we teach in small groups which are constantly adapted to the student's needs and their level of knowledge. It means that if you choose our driving school you will successively be led from an easier to the more difficult subjects and tests. 

We can pick you up at your school, your work or home - if it is in the mid-part of Aalborg – otherwise we meet outside ”Spor1” in front of the Railway station. As a driving school, we think of the environment, when we buy cars to the driving school.

Danish driving licence

Get the licence at your pace - we are involved throughout the course and make sure that all students pass the test at the police.



Ready for theory and driving test Driving licence category (B)

Legislative package:

  • Unlimited theory lessons
  • 4 lessons on manoeuvre track
  • 16 driving lessons on the road (45 min each lesson)
  • Renting car for driving test
  • 4 lessons Safe Driving Centre

These are our current prices and are not a binding offer. Prices are subject to change.

Exchange of driving licence

If you would like to exchange your driving licence to Danish driving licence in Alborg then you have come to the right place – Ascot driving school is specialized in this field.

Checking the car's equipment

Here you can learn how to control the different things in the car.

Frequently Asked Questions

When you are going to take a driving license, you probably have a lot of questions you want answered before you start your education. Here we have a number of questions that we often get asked.


When do I have to exchange foreign driving licence for a Danish driving licence?

If you establish usual residence in Denmark, you will in a number of cases need to exchange your foreign driving licence for a Danish driving licence.

Usual residence means that you have personal or occupational ties to Denmark i.e. that you spend a minimum of 185 days in Denmark within one calendar year. Usual residence in Denmark is established from the date when you move to this country with a view to establishing usual residence in Denmark. If you have exclusively occupational ties to Denmark but personal ties to another country, you will be regarded as having usual residence in the country where you have personal ties if you regularly return to that country.

You are not required to regularly return to the country to which you have personal ties if you reside in Denmark exclusively for the purpose of practicing a profession for a limited period of time. In this case, you will be regarded as having usual residence in the country to which you have personal ties.

Read more

Can I have a break from driving lessons/ driving course?

YES, you may, but the break must not last more than 3 months, where there is no activity - either driving or theory.

Is the first aid course included in the mandatory package?

No first aid course is not included. Driving school has its own first aid course that you can choose, but the course can also be visited elsewhere.

Do you only offer Category B driving licence in English?

At Ascot driving school we offer English lessons - both theory and driving regardless of if you need to take the licence from the beginning, exchange it or recover it.

What is the application procedure for exchange of driving licence?

You must contact one of the local authorities (typically citizen service centres) in order to have your foreign driving licence exchanged for a Danish driving licence.

On the website of The Danish Road Safety Agency you will find more information about what to bring with you when you apply for exchange of your driving licence.

Theory test

How long does my theory test last?

Once you have passed the theory test, you must not exceed one year before you go to a driving test.

What should I remember for my theory test?

You must bring your lesson plan, your "driving license application", photo ID (which will normally be a valid passport)


What should I remember for my driving test?

You must bring your lesson plan, your "driving license application", photo ID (which will normally be a valid passport)

When will I get a driving licence after passing a practical test?

When you complete your practical driving test, you will get a temporary driving licence. The temporary driving licence can be used in the Nordic countries. Pasport or similar document must be included as identification when driving with the temporary card. After 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive the correct driver's license by mail. A driving licence is valid for 15 years.

Do you need
more information?